Tuesday, August 01, 2006

HOT HOT HOT!

Good Lord its hot out there!

So hot in fact that as soon as I returned from my job hunting, I walked in the house and stripped naked. Its way too hot to wear clothes.

I am reminded of a funny story about hot southern days.

"The Princess" as I've called her in previous posts, is also my hair dresser. One day I was at her tiny little salon after a hair cut. The salon in which she works mainly caters to older women who come in every week for their roller sets. Well she and I were just sitting around when the door flew open and this women in her mid 60's exclaimed "WOO WEE it's hot out there!" The princess looked and me with a look of discust and expressed to me how tired she gets of hearing that every single time the door opens. She then proceeded to say, "It is? Hot out there? Really? Well Lord I wish somebody would called and told me so I wouldn't have worn sweatpants to work today!"

(She, of course, wasn't wearing sweat pants but barely any pants at all. She is one of those skinny little girls that can get away with shorts that barely cover her butt.)

I don't know why we found that so funny, but ever since then she or I have called one another to know the weather report every morning and find out what color sweatpants we will be wearing for the day!

No comments: