Tuesday, August 15, 2006

This blogging site is confusing...a little help?

I know I'm not the most computer literate person in the world, heck I flunked out of UNCG last semester because I simply didn't understand Excell. But after I play around with something a little I can usually figure it out.

Well I've been playing around with this ridiculous mess for awhile and still can't seem to get the hang of it. I have it set so that I moderate comments. Usually I get an email telling me someone has posted and I can choose to publish it or reject it. Apparently two of my favorite readers commented awhile back and I never got the email. I thought they had abandoned me.

I just happened to go to the 'moderate comments' section of my blog just to check and low and behold there they were. I feel like a douche.

I've also deleted that annoying blog with the cartoon and the funny song. But for some reason when I go back to 'veiw blog' its still there. But if I just go to my blog it isn't. I hope it has cleared itself and most of you arent' stuck listening to it. I thought it was hilarious the first time I heard it, but now I really aggrivates me as I'm sure it does you all.

I really need people in my life and seeing as how I live in the middle of nowhere with very limited social interaction, I really appreciate the social aspect of blogger. Mainly because I don't know any of you in real life so I can get a perspective of what you think of me based solely on my writing. Unbiased opinions are what keep me getting up in the morning.

Thank you for your readership.

Oh and the whole reason for the post, is there another way to tell when someone has commented? I really wish I knew when someone comments on what I've commented on on their page. I love LiveJournal for this feature.

4 comments:

(M)ary said...

Hi!

I am commenting on a comment you have made on my blog!

Thank you for sharing your experience with eharmony. It does help to hear that other people were not impressed with eharmony. I felt like I was always in school taking a test with all of those questions they asked! Yawn.

I read your blog and don't always comment. I don't think there is any way to know if people are not reading or just reading but not commenting.

I started to turn my comment field off because I was getting too freaked out about how many comments I wasn't getting!

Granny said...

I had a similar problem with new posts not showing up. I looked it up in the help file and they said it's almost always fixed by cleaning out your cache. That still didn't do it for me. I finally discovered that if I pull up the blog on Netscape it will usually bring up the new post, then it's in the cache and the other browser will bring it up too. Hope that's clear as mud :)

perdido said...

Glad you had a good bday and happy belated bday!

I don't think you can do that on blogger either.

Annabel said...

I'm still reading, just not commenting much... life has gotten busy again.