Monday, July 31, 2006

Gotta Love the South!

Someone circulated an email to me once with a list of funnies that only North Carolinians could understand. It was entitled, "You Know You're From North Carolina When...". One of the quips in particular struck me as absolutely hilarious. It was, You Know You're From North Carolina When...You have ever uttered the phrase 'It's too hot to go to the pool'. What's even funnier in the past four days, three people have said this exact thing to me! I love it here!

I wrote a little something about my love of the south awhile back. I'm gonna try and find it later on and post it. Its not exactly a poem but it isn't long enough to be a story. I guess its just creative prose.

ok I found it:

Thank God I'm a Country Girl!
I love being from the south. I absolutely love it.

I love listening to country music while driving thru my home town and feelin, not just knowing what they are talking about.

I love big ol country boys with their belt buckles and cowboy hats driving pick up trucks and totin their dogs everywhere with em.

I love mustard, slaw, chili and onions.

I love slingin mud on a Sunday afternoon with the promise of two-steppin the night away.

I love headin to the lake on Saturdays with a cooler full of beer and fresh bait in the bucket.

I love knowing what if feels like to run barefoot thru back yard huntin lightin' bugs for the jelly jar.

I love the smell of the south in july right after an afternoon thunder shower steaming up the pavement.

I love high school football games where daddies are dippin and mommas are cheerin' "that's my boy!"

I love being able to twang my words and add extra syllables without anyone noticin'.

I love you North Carolina!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I, too, thank god I am a country boy. I am sure Alabame has it's own comical sayings.

Jonathon "Andrew"