Friday, August 25, 2006

Why didn't someone tell me...

So I finished my first week of community college and I have got to say, it is SOOOO much easier than the University. It's like everyone is holding your hand every single step of the way. They tell you every single step to do and when to do it. Its really just, amazing.

I guess that is why they say to go to a community college from high school. There is just enough of real college life to prepare you for a university. I could be thinking that this is so much easier because I just spent two years at a rather large university and still managed to pull myself out with 'sophomore' status, almost junior. My GPA teetered on 2.3 until the last semester where it plumetted.

I am just blown away at how willing the professors are to help you. It might just be mine but he is 'truely' interested in furthering everyones career. I'm in the paralegal program as you may have guessed from my lateset post. The department head is a lawyer and has been for the past 27 years. He is also my instructor for the first 'box car'. Our program is taught in four week sections in which the first class is done everyday for 4 weeks 2-3 hours a day. He set it up that way so at any point in time someone can join the program at any time. I'm learning quite a bit about paralegals and that I don't have to be stuck in a law office doing grunt work for an attorney. My options are pretty much infinite. I'm kinda excited about this and really think I've found something that actually think I can do.

1 comment:

Karin's Korner said...

I actually KNOW you can do it. I have been reading your blog for a little while now and I know that you are strong headed, if you put your mind to it, I know you can do it!! I am glad that you are liking school.