Monday, August 07, 2006

My Vacation Pictures, finally.

I promised you all pictures of my vacation. I just now got them all resized and uploaded and blah blah. So here they are.

After my "flight from hell" that I posted about previously, my sister Stephanie picked up Me, my neice Sarah, and my Stepmom Dana at the airport and took us back to her house in Chalfont, PA. About a year and a half ago they bought a ranch on 22 acres in Bucks County PA. If you have never seen the countryside of PA and you enjoy beautiful scenery, check it out!


  

  

  

It took them a year to remodel the farm house and the pool was put in the week before I arrived. While we were at the shore, the area around the pool got paved and a diving board was added. They had just aquired a golden retriever who was suffering from separation anxiety. His name is Sammy and he is ALL puppy! I played with him in the backyard all day and later my brother in law took him into the pool to teach him to swim. He previously had been terrified of pool. The poor thing was tuckered out and napping in his favorite chair. The chair used to have a cushion that he removed everyday to sleep in. My sister continued to put the cushion back in the chair until Sammy got fed up and drug the cushion out into the corn feild behind the house. Smart doggie.


  

The following are picture of my niece Sarah and my nephew Johnny in their bedrooms.


  

  

Here is my stepmom and sister lounging in the den. Stephanie's houses are always so comfortable.


  

Here is us in the front yard preparing to leave for the shore.


  

  

We had about a 2 hour drive to Grandma Marie's shore house. On the way us 'kids' decidedt to watch a movie. Sarah grabbed some dvd's to chose from but we found when we opened the case of "Pirates of the Carribean", that the dvd wasn't in the case. Dang it! So we got stuck watching "White Chicks". By the look on our faces you can tell we had made the wrong choice.


  

Once we arrived at the shore, It was non-stop pool time!


  

  

  

  




  

  

  

  




  

This is the front of the house. I think the entryway is absolutely gorgeous!


  

  

As the sun goes down the veiw of the bay is breathtaking. At night you can see the the lights of Atlantic City and you can make out the Trump Taj Mahal very easily. During the day there is a 'Pirate Ship' that goes out into the bay full of kids. They fire water cannons at passing boats. It's pretty funny!


  

  

We did manage to clean ourselves up and hit the town. We went to dinner and the Boardwalk in Ocean City. On another day we went to Atlantic City and I went to my very first Couture Mall. It's called "The Peirs" and it is in Ceasars Palace. It was fun but it is much more fun to shopping in a place where you actually can afford to buy something. BCBG Max Azaria was having a 70% off sale and there still wasn't anything in the store for under $100! My neice got some jeans at this really neat store, Adrienne Goldschmidt or something like that. They were $175! Do you know what I could do with that kinda money at Old Navy?!?! But she is growing up in a different lifestyle than I did at her age. I tried to win some money in Ceasars Palace but alas, I lost $5 in quarter slots and hung up my gambling hat. Johnny got a henna tattoo on the boardwalk and thought he was da bomb. It's funny how all he needs is a $20 henna tattoo and Sarah needs $175 jeans. They are so different.


  

  

  

  




  

  

  

  




  

  


Well that was my trip. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did, sans the plane ride.

2 comments:

Rohma said...

wow the pictures are really pretty--specially the ones of water in them.

sounds like a good time.

Karin's Korner said...

Jade,
Wow, what a wonderful vacation you had (aside from the first flight). Your grandmothers home is beautiful as is your sisters.