Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dawning

I had two appointments today and created another.

The first was for my mental issues. I spoke last week of how I needed help and made an appointment at Triumph for Thursday of last week. Due to the fact that I was allowed an extended stay at the beach, I called and rescheduled for today. I knew that I needed to get help for my depression, however shortening a free beach trip would surely lead to more of it.

When I got to Triumph I was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of people in the building at 9am. Upon further inspection I realized that the actual Triumph place is on the the second floor and all of those people were there for the medicaid pharmacy on the bottom floor. Whew! I almost went into shutdown panic attack mode and bolted. Luckily I kept my stride steady and my gaze on the signage.

When I reached the top floor I was greated by an adorable blonde girl who couldnt' have been older than 22. She smiled alot and had a 'Little House on the Praire' quality to her. She seemed extremely nervous and introduced herself as Bree. She was to do my intake and I was emensely pleased with her. She had a thick braid and lots of silver jewelry. She wore dark jeans and pretty flower print wrap shirt with bejeweled sandles. Her finger nails and toe nails were painted blue with a top coat that looked like a disco ball. This made me smile. I thought of her life. I imagined she has dogs and loves WideSpread Panic. I bet she also likes to hike and has a vegetable garden in her backyard.

She had me fill out paperwork and then set me up with a counselor. I go back on Thursday to actually talk about why I'm there and decide on a course of action as far as meds and/or therapy goes. The cool thing is that even though I don't have medicaid I still can pay on a sliding scale and have $9-$11 co-pays for my meds if they put me on them.

I'm in an upswing right now, so hopefully they will agree to still see me. I can be very convincing that I'm 'OK' when I'm up. And when I'm down, I simply can't be motivated to get help.

1 comment:

(M)ary said...

"she has dogs and loves Widespread Panic"...

that is funny and I know exactly what you mean!