Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Expressions.

If you haven't heard 'Shadowboxer' by Fiona Apple, I strongly suggest you do. I love her music but this song has always hit home for me. I've always longed to be able to express my feelings in metaphors. There is just something so poetic about that.

Speaking of which, I actually hate poetry. Not really poetry itself, just the word poem. I hate the way some people pronouce it. It's like they are saying 'pohm'. Man that grinds my gears. I hate it when people get so rapped up in the idea of poetry that they think they are artsy because they know a poem or two.

On another note, I absolutely LOVE the new show on Food Network called Road Tasted. Its hosted by Paula Dean's sons, Bobby and Jamie. They travel all over the country learning to make really awesome things that are famous and can be shipped to you. That really isn't a good description but its a cool show. I think the reason I love it so much is because I love to listen to those guys talk. They remind me of good old boys, but not the redneck kind. The kind that makes you want to go to a high school football game. Only the true southerners will know what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

Jade Rocks said...

Wow thanks! I love new 'fans'. Haha!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Take Home Chef on TLC? Purrrr.