Sunday, July 02, 2006

High Maintence Friendships.

I posted a few days ago about my friend that I'm jealous of. She has asked me to go to this really awesome music festival here in town that I've always wanted to go to but its $65 and I never really had that extra cash. Her boyfriend is playing in a band for the fest and they were getting me in for free. I asked her a few days ago if she was still going because I was looking forward to it and cleared my work schedule to be able to go. She said she wasn't sure and would let me know. I've called her every single day since then and still no response from her. I think that is kinda crappy, don't you?

Now on to 'The Princess'. I have a very close friend, so close in fact that I am supposed to be her maid of honor at her wedding in July of 07. (I as 'supposed' because every other day she threatens to call the whole thing off due to one thing or another. She has been with this dude for 4 years and I've known her a year of that and in that year she has 'broken up' with him at least once a month but never seems to leave the house or stick to her ultimatums.) I'm guessing that the parenthesis give you a good idea of the princess's personality. She is a very pretty girl with a fairly unattractive boyfriend, excuse me fiance, that she expects to bend to her every single whim. I'm not saying that he is 'prince charming' by any means. He has his definite faults, most of which arise due to the fact that he has no ambition to become anymore than he is. Unfortunately he is paired with an only child, spoiled rotten by her daddy, girl that he must fawn over and cater to or his life is made miserable.

She is also a hypochandriac. Luckily she is still on daddy's insurance because she runs to the doctor every other day about one thing or another. I almost bought her this book I saw at Barnes and Noble that was entitled "The Hypochondriac's Guide to 50 Diseases That you Probably Already Have". The other day she found that he head was lumpy and automatically assumed she had a brain tumor. She has moles removed every single week because she thinks she has mellenoma and while she waits for the results to come back she calls me every five minutes saying, "JAAAAADE, What if I have CAAANCER"! (She also whines alot.) I have repeatedly told her to shut up and that everything is fine and to stop being so overly dramatic about everything ever. This, of course, does no good because I get a return call the next day.

Why am I still friends with her you ask? Well its simple. When I have problems in my life that I think most people would think are petty, she completely sympathizes with me and makes feel like my problems are validated by the fact that they are a major issue. When in fact they are very miniscule and are really irrelavant. The Princess is also my hair dresser and keeps my coifed for free. She is also extremely attractive and it never hurts to have good looking friends.

Shallow? Maybe. But I'm Lake Superior compared to her.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Next time your friend ask what if she has cancer. Smile and tell her then all her problems will be over.

Karin's Korner said...

Jade -
I think your first friend stinks for not giving you a clue what is going on with the concert. It sounds to me that she is either not going or does not want you to come with, that sucks, mostly because you were looking forward to this and because you had cleared your work schedule.

Now for the second friend, I think we all have someone that drives us nuts but we still love them and want to be friends with them.

Hope your weekend is going great.