Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lazy and dirty, a match made in Pfafftown.

So I have had the past two days off, today and yesterday that is. Yesterday I never got dressed and never left the house. And when I say I never got dressed, I mean I litterally never got dressed. I wore an old oversized t-shirt to bed the night before and that is exactly what I piddled around the house in yesterday. All I did was watch tv shows that I had DVR'd throughout the week and ate. I barely have any food in the house so I didn't eat much but I somehow managed to make a huge mess.

So I'm off today and I had all these big plans. I was going to go to the grocery store, join weight watchers, join a gym, go buy a book, apply for jobs, clean the house and go tan. I've done none of this because I woke up at 2pm. Yes, that is correct, 2pm. I feel like crap because I went to bed at 1am. So I slept for 13 hours. That is just absolutely ridiculous. Depression has to be a motivating factor in this. But I convince myself that I need to stay in bed and get as much sleep as possible because I do have clinical insomnia so when I need sleep I can't get it.

I am going to grab a gear here in a moment and head out to get some things done. I doubt I will get it all done but I will get a chunk of it underway. I have to becaue I'm flying to Philly on Saturday to go to my sisters Shore house and Eric will be home sometime this weekend. I have to have the house cleaned and stocked with food or he will either flat out starve or go out to eat steak and lobster every meal, and contribute to the mess 12 fold.

I always do this to myself. I procrastinate until I've only got a few minutes to get things done and then I work myself into a stressed frenzy. Geez, why can't I just calm down and do things when I am supposed to?

3 comments:

Bill said...

insomnia is overrated...

2complx said...

I to am a procrastinator. I saw a shirt once that said
"procrastinators of the world Unite!... tomorrow."
I love it: so true.

(M)ary said...

i am sorry that you have insomnia/depression and procrastination issues.

however, i am kind of relieved that someone else in the world has these problems. i don't feel so alone!