Saturday, July 29, 2006

Rock Me Amedeus

During my online dating years, I was often asked "What kinda music do you listen to"? I was guilty of asking the same question from time to time as well. I always received the same answer, "Everything but rap" or "Everything but country". That is complete bullcrap. Do you mean to tell me that you listen to Italian Arias? What about Elvis Costello? N'Sync? Bela Flek? Of course not.

I truely have diverse musical tastes and I have spent many a day trying to pin point exactly what is my favorite genre of music. I have come to the conclusion that it is anything envolving a horn section. You can't find a good horn section these days. I remember in the mid to late 90's it seemed that all the popular bands had a horn section. Or maybe it was all the bands that were popular to me. My first love was ska. Ska got me into the whole horn section thing. From there I discovered bands that had a trumpet or a sax thrown in occasionally. Then I found Everything.

Everything is a band out of No. VA that had a huge horn section and loads and loads of dancy tunes. They had one hit and that pretty much destroyed the band. I was a fan for many many years before that God awful song saw the light of day. You may remember it as "Whose got the Hooch". That was by far, their worst song to date. Everything is now and will forever be my favorite band of all time.

This is by far the most boring post ever.

1 comment:

(M)ary said...

i am one of those people who say they like "everything but country"(which is not really true any longer, there are some country/pop songs that i like.)

fyi:
i have listened to italian arias, bela flek, and Elvis Costello.
I don't think I have heard N'Sync, at least not on purpose.

So, I guess I should say "I like everything but country and boy bands."