Monday, June 26, 2006

An Explaination of My Title.

Since I'm just starting out in this world of blog-dom I feel the need to explain any and every aspect of my life. You people don't know me and you don't know where I'm coming from or where I'm going, so I guess I figure if I give back-stories more people will read and comment. This is a flawed way of thinking because I've come to realize in my other blogs that more people comment, thus an indication of readership, when a blog is short. So the more I ramble the less people will read, therefore defeating my original purpose.

Enough of this nonsense...On with the show!

At one point in my life I was a bombshell. Full on hottness with a side of slap yo mama. I'm not being conceited or tooting my own horn, just honest. And I did state that this was 'at one point', not continuously. Actually it was at two different times in my life. Both of which occurred simultaneously with me being single. This goes to dispute any and all claims of people wondering "Why is such a gorgeous girl single"? But I digress into a rant of another time and place...

Coincidentally at the times in which my hottness prevailed, I was also mostly known as disheaveled and untamed. Never would I be caught dead cooking or cleaning and especially not fufilling any responsibilities until it came down to the wire. I never paid any bills on time, and by on time I mean not until I got the cut off notice. I never did my laundry until I absolutely everything I owned was no longer wearable. Often I would go to the laundromat with 12-14 loads of laundry! I didn't step foot in a grocery store and rarely even paid for my own meals, being the smoke bomb that I was and all. I had a 2 date maximum. Usually by the second date I was bored with the fellow and moved on to someone new. I was addicted to the chase and I certainly was chased. I flew by the seat of my pants and usually worked about 2 to 3 jobs to support my extravagance.

In the last year I've grown up and out. I don't necessarily consider myself the hottest girl in the room and I most certainly don't rely on my astute flirting skills to get me by. Since I've met Eric, I now cook almost everyday, sometimes twice a day. I clean the house from top to bottom weekly and I even dust! I've never dusted in my life! My mom never did such things and my father had a housekeeper (who was instructed to not clean my room on the few occasions that I had to move home after adulthood, I might add). Eric told me the other day that I made his house a home. Before I was there it was just an investment of four walls. He told me everything this home is has been created by me. That was the sweetest thing that anyone has ever said to me. He has his moments.

It feels good to keep a home. It feels good to be needed and depended upon. It feels good to be housebroken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I hope you're always happy.
austere

It would be nice if you visit sometime- austereseeker.rediffblogs.com

Karin's Korner said...

I think that is wonderful. It really means something to do all that housework when you have someone that appreciates it. I myself hate housework but I do it and if for some reason I don't feel like it my wonderful husband will jump in there and do it for me. Really....I swear. I found a man that will do dishes, vacumn,dust and he will even do laundry but I don't like him to do the laundry...he does not fold the towels right no matter how many times I show him LOL. Have a great day :)

Jade Rocks said...

Thank ya'll both for commenting.
When my boyfriend is home (he works out of town 10 days in a row and is only home for 4 before he is gone again) he always tries to chip in and help when I start cleaning. Its so funny because basically what he is doing is following me from room to room pacing back and forth. He will start a 'manly' project like putting up a shelf or hanging pictures or something and gets distracted. He then wanders off to follow me around again. Finally I just tell him to sit down and watch tv because he is creating more work for me! I told him that if he gets any worse as we get older then I'm gonna have to tether him somehow so he doesn't just wander off! Hahaha!