Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pushing Daisies aka: The Greatest Show to grace my DVR in like forever!

I don't watch much on ABC. Dancing with the Stars and Desperate Housewives has tainted their image in my mind. Therefore when they do have a gem of show I miss out on it. Somehow I have started receiving TV guide. I didn't subscribe it just started coming, in my name to my apartment. (It's no longer a small cute, fat Reader's Digest-esque book anymore either ps.) I didn't even realize it was the actual TV guide until I started reading them. They have great crosswords in the back btw.

So anyway, there was a fall preview in the first one I received so I got to find out what shows I wanted to record this season. I read about this kitschy little show called Pushing Daisies on ABC and it seemed like something I would like so I added it to my DVR list. I have all the episodes since the beginning of the season recorded and had yet to watch them, so yesterday I decided it was time. Now I'm kicking myself for not watching them sooner! Especially since Deidre (of Rock 92 morning show fame) mentioned that it is getting the boot after this season! I haven't been this upset since I found out they cancelled "My So Called Life"!

Pushing Daisies is brought to us from the writer of "Dead Like Me" another WONDERFUL show that was canceled way before it's time. Last season was the first season and according to Wikipedia this season ends with a HUGE cliffhanger involving a main character. Shows can't just end like this! It was even were nominated for 10 Emmy's and won 3 at this past Emmy awards! So why the heck are they cancelling this show?

Another reason I love Pushing Daisies is Kristin Chenowith plays Olive Snook on the show and btw was nominated for an Emmy for best supporting actress in a comedy series. For those of you who don't know, Chenowith is a stage actress most notably known for her work as Glinda the Good Witch in the Broadway production of "Wicked". She is an amazingly animated actress that makes the character she plays come to life!

I can't possibly do the description of this show justice so I will include an introduction by ABC.

No comments: