Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lasic Surgery is actual surgery right?

I went to my consultation for Lasic Surgery today. I felt like I got herded through and rushed out the door. They didn't tell me anything but the date to show up and don't wear makeup! Are you kidding me? I'm not buying a sweater, I'm having a life changing operation! I know that they are used to this crap because its common place to them. But I've not been through and I don't know anything about it. I need hand holding and reassuring. They say they hold your hand through the experience in the brochure. They didn't so much as glance in my direction much less hold my hand.

I called the 1-800 number they gave me and complained. Yes, I'm that girl. They called me back within a few minutes and told me 100 times more than what they told me in the office. Literally I was there 15 minutes and half of that was in the waiting room! They told me I would have to wear goggles to sleep in for 10 nights and that I would most likely want to go to sleep after the procedure. It would have been nice to know that in my consultation. She also told me that my vision was correctable to 20/20. Something else that would have been nice to know.

I always rant and rave about poor customer service in the american public and this was it at its finest. It felt like I was having a script read to me, not a nurse explaining a surgery. I just think they need to realize that some people need more than a standard pitch. I'm gonna do the surgery, I just wish they were slightly more caring.

1 comment:

lime said...

oh man i completely empathize. no one wants to be herder but especially not when it is somethign as scary as surgery, no matter hwo commonplace or routine or minor. way to go on making the phone call and not stopping until you were satisfied with answers.