Monday, August 27, 2007

I wanna make you up! (as sung to the tune of the Color Me Badd one hit)

As some of you know I *used* to do makeup for a living. I enjoyed making people feel good about themselves and helping them get out of their ridiculous eyeshadow addictions and horrible blush overdo's. I hated having to sell the makeup to them in that sleezy used car way though. That's why I loved wedding and prom makeovers because there was no pressure to make money. All I had to do was my art.

Well now I'm back to bartending and I miss making chicks feel good about themselves. And there is only so much I can do to myself considering I hate taking off makeup. I guess it's like cooking; I love to cook but I can't stand cleaning up after. Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

I just bought some new Bed Head pallettes and I sooooo want to try them out. So someone please call me so I can fix your face! Anybody?! I'll even do men, I was known for that at the snatcheral (my last place of employment).

2 comments:

(M)ary said...

Oh Crap. I wish I lived closer. I would love to let you fix my face!

I am pale and soon when winter sets in, I will need some color! My favorite item right now is Almay pressed powder because I think it makes my skin look glowy.

perdido said...

why don't you try starting your own business doing makeup etc for weddings/proms? Create an ad and place it in your local ad bulleting type thing or on craigslist and make you a website - start cheap and then as your business builds you can start charging more - just do it part time at first as you can fit it in and then maybe you might get big enough where you can just bartend part time or when you want????