Friday, October 06, 2006

I'm having a Ball!

Well I've got Bronchitis.
So I'm stuck in the house.

Along with this house stuckage comes the wonderful planning of a Halloween Party! It originally was my friend T's party but she has to move from her current location prior to the party date so my loving, yet stubborn boyfriend has grudgingly agreed to let her have it here.

This thing has taken on a life of its on, mainly due to the fact that my insanity has gone into overdrive and is now on autopilot in the party planning department of my brain. It's a welcomed change from the doldrums that usually inhabit the annals of my minds hallowed halls so I'm not complaining.

But as some of you have seen, I'm a natural born promoter and I've started pushing this thing with a ferver like this town has never seen! I'm may just end up with a mess on my hands and I haven't even asked off for work yet. Oops. But I didn't think it would be a good idea to do that since I've been out of work all week with a bronchial infection. I don't want to say, "oh and by the way, I'm gonna need the 28th and 29th off for a massive party in my backyard that most of the staff is probably gonna try and ask off for too, k thanks." So I thought I would just ease myself into that one. I'm not too worried about the staff asking off for that Saturday night, I'm mainly worried for them all calling in the next day from ghoulish hangovers. =/

But none the less, this is gonna be legendary and I've got some spooky surprises already planned. I want to ask ya'll for any tips to cheaply decorating and creating spooky scares in the backyard. Oh did I mention its an outdoors event for the most part? Also the event is called The Monster's Ball '06. So you can kinda see the theme. My house is nestled in a slope and there is a creek running next to the entrance to the basement. The basement is pretty much the only inside part of the party.

In our basement we have a billards table, a professional dart board, and a 'game of skill' slot machine. There is also a corner with a tv and some seating that will eventually be a bar. Off from that area is a home theatre with a wide screen HDTV and surround sound and lots of comfy couch seating. I think I will probably play Halloween themed movies on that all night.

Ok any suggestions beyond that?

5 comments:

Parlancheq said...

My only recent experience is planning Halloween parties for little kids where it's all about having lots of candy. Maybe adults are the same...except it's all about having lots of alcohol? :)

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion for your bronchitis. Eat onions!

Billy said...

You should totally try and do some sort of scavenger hunt outside in the dark with flashlights. It may seem dorky, but I have seen so many grown adults let their imaginations get the better of them. You could challenge certain people to sit by themselves in a designated dark area outside and see if they can sit there for five minutes. You could have someone make some noises to freak them out a bit. My goodness woman, there are so many endless possibilities. You are going to have so much fun! Just don't give out your address!!

Andrew said...

Jade,

I've lost your email address. Email me at jminter@gmail.com so I can send you an invite to my blog. I have to do it via email to give you the link. I've missed you much!

Jonathon "Andrew"

Karin's Korner said...

Jade....where are you ???