Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Close encounters of the blogging kind...

I know I've not posted in a month of Sunday's. I can't use the excuse that I've busy. I have, in fact been busier than usual but there have been times when I could have blogged. The fact is I've been burnt out on blogging.

I started to stress myself out. I have several disorders as you may know, and one of them is a problem with panic attacks. I started to create a fan base with my blogging and thought thought that I must continue to blog on a daily basis in order to keep that up. And honestly, that is true. But only do you have to blog on a daily basis, but your blogs must be witty and entertaining daily. Do you realize how much pressure that was on me? I'm a pretty witty girl, and for the most part entertaining, but to do that on command...daily?!? It was just too much. I was cracking under the pressure.

And then I started to find more entertaining blogs than mine. And I would see that some of my fan base had commented on some peoples blogs and not on mine. I would worry that I offended them in some way or that I just wasn't living up to my full blog potential. This would send me into full on paranoia mode. I started scanning any and everyone who had ever commented on my blog's comments to see if they gave any indication as to why they weren't commenting on mine anymore. (psycho) Yes, I have a problem. Then I noticed that Abbagirl would from time to time write about me in her blogs and I started to freak out that if I didn't come up with something to say in her comments then she would hate me and never comment on mine again.

I haven't gotten a comment from Andrew in months and I just stopped keeping up with him. I assumed I was more than he was willing to handle in the online blogging friend so I weened myself from his blog. He now has made his blog private and I'm not invited, no big surprise.

The straw that broke the camels back was about a week ago I was at work and one of the other bartenders came up to me asked me did I have a blog.

"uh, yea?"

She then pointed to smiling guy at the bar waving at me and told me that is how he found the restaurant. I was shocked. I know that this is completely public and any and everyone can find it at anytime but this was just too close to home. He said that he googled my restaurants name because he was trying to find our website and my blog came up as the first hit.

HELLLOOOO!! FIRST HIT?!?!? Our restaurant has a website that is the actual name of the darn website! So why is my blog a first hit?!?!

So needless to say I deleted my blog with my restaurant name and location and will be a bit more cautious in my further posts regarding my personal life. I don't need this kinda stress. I can barely function as it is.

3 comments:

Granny said...

Well, I was a little concerned when I saw that you posted the name of your restaurant. But you're a big girl and I figured you could take care of yourself :) I know my husband would have a cow if I ever posted anything personal.

(M)ary said...

oh...you have to let go of the whole who comments and how comments do i get question...

it can be mind boggling!! who knows why some people visit some blogs more!

i have you bookmarked on my computer but i admit, i don't check in regularly enough!

i will try to visit and comment more often!

Parlancheq said...

Hey Jade. Tag, you're it. :)


P.S. Yikes about the guy showing up at work looking for you!