Thursday, October 05, 2006

Apparently my cootie shot wore off...

So Parlancheq tagged me with these ridiculous meme's. (What does that even mean?) And I guess since I've just left the drs. office with contagious diagnosis of bronchitis, sinusitis and some other itis that I can't remember, then I have plenty of time on my hands. I can't return to work until Saturday and we are officially on fall break at school so I have nothing due until Wednesday of next week. So here goes the taggin' and the meme-in'.


The Work Meme


1. What is the best thing about your workplace?

Let's see here...
The best thing about my workplace is that I'm bartending again. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started grabbing those bottles and throwing around those tumblers. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten back into my continuous rhythm yet so I drop alot of said bottles and tumblers. Oh well. I'm workin' on it.

2. What do you hate about your workplace?

I hate the fact that the bar is so un-user friendly. There is no storage, no work space, no space to move around, no set place to put anything, etc. However, it is beautiful. This seems to be a metaphor for life, most things that are beautiful will always seem to win out over function and longevity. Remember that kids, strive to be Barbie, not Martha Stewart. Barbie drives a corvette, Martha got locked in the slammer and her family hates her.

3. What small irritance at your workplace really annoys you?

The fact that you have to go all the way to walk in cooler to get creamer for coffee instead of them just icing down a 1/4 pan and droppin in a container of half and half. I don't know why they don't want to do this but it really seems the simplest solution to the creamer issue. Work smart, not hard people.

4. Describe the actions/quirks of the weirdest person you work with (can be a co-worker, employer, or a vendor if you are self-employed).

I agree with Parlancheq, I hear on a daily basis from co-workers "you are so weird".

5. What is one thing that you would change at your workplace to make life a helluva lot better?

I would make them all listen to me and do as I say. Wouldn't that make every job better?

Now I tag these 5 bloggers who hopefully will forgive me for doing so:
(I don't know how to make these fancy click on links like Parlancheq so I hop eyou people still read my blog or else the tag will just be floating in sea of unrequited tagged-ness...)

-Abbagirl (I'm not really sure what she does but I've always wondered cause I know she travels alot and there is some kinda retail in there somehow.)
-Firefly (Her life just seems interesting)
-Karin (I wonder what wonder's she has in her Korner)

And well as sad as it may seem folks, thats all I got to tag. I could tag others, but they wouldn't know it so it would be like touching a random person on a public bus or a subway. They might feel someone brush against them, but could careless.

3 comments:

Parlancheq said...

See, that's why I tagged you, because I knew you'd post something amusing. :)

And they had better start listening to you or no telling what you might put in their drinks. ;)

Karin's Korner said...

Jade. YEAH !!!! your back. I was beginning to think I would have to travel to find you. I am glad that you are doing ok. Thanks for the tag, I will get right on that.

Billy said...

Thank God, I thought something seriously bad happened to you. Everything is cool here. Thanks for tagging me, I will put that on tonights post.
Looks like you've been busy. Well, I am certainly glad you are back. I really missed you. Hope you aren't working too hard.