Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof is on FIIIRREE!

There is something very unsettling about turning on your tv expecting to see Oprah but instead seeing all your memories up in flames. My High School is presently on fire. Apparently the chemistry lab exploded at approximately 2:20pm today. They keep reiterating that no one was hurt or even in the particular classroom that caught fire, but I tend to think that is to settle down the masses. Not that I assume anyone is hurt, I just find it odd that they would keep repeating it.

Yet another sign that my life has changed course. I no longer am that girl. My childhood is burning to ashes in a fire that appears to be uncontrollable.

I wonder if the fire knows that it is doing this for me?

I wonder if it realizes that in all actuality this fire is reaffirming the fact that nothing lasts forever and resistance to that is futile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm.See, I would feel extremely ambivalent if my old high school was on fire. Of course, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, but a part of me would be smile if I saw it go up in flames.

I hated high school.