Sunday, September 09, 2007

Day 2: I sure wish I could take out my contacts and clean them.

So It's been two days since I got the surgery and I must say it really feels like I have a pair of dry contacts in. My vision is the same as that also. I basically have hazy tunnel vision that I can see out of and blurry peripheral. I have the halos at night but they aren't any worse than glare from my glasses. I called the doctor to find out if this was normal and was assured that it was. They told me that the haziness is from the drops and will clear up in about a week. I'm supposed to make an appointment to come in one day next week for a follow up visit. I can't get there until Tuesday.

I have been putting my drops in every four hours like I'm supposed to and they give me a really awful metallic taste in my mouth that nothing gets rid of. The plus side of that is I'm not really eating all that much because it tastes like crap.

I just don't understand why of all the people I've met that have had this procedure none of them have told me about any of this stuff. I even know people who went to the same place as me. Did this procedure just not work for me or am I being a big baby? I guess I'm just to the point of wait and see. But for all the aggrivation I find myself just wishing that I was fighting with my contacts. At least then I could take them out when they bothered me. Hopefully I will get some more insight into all of these annoyances at my doctor visit.

3 comments:

(M)ary said...

your vision is blurry? well darn. guess you can't read blogs!

i hope you heal up soon and get to beautiful world again.

(M)ary said...

ps..i think most people who have had the procedure are so happy in the end they forget the icky parts. kind of like ladies who have babies and then forget the pain.

Jade Rocks said...

Thats what I'm hoping for M. Thats what I'm hoping for...